Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- Sana perusmuodossa: logroll Määritelmät:
- (lb, en, countable, US) The rollVerb, rolling of logs from one place to another; an occasion when people meet to helpVerb, help each other roll logs.
- (lb, en, uncountable, US, lumberjacking) The act of balanceVerb, balancing on a log floatVerb, floating on a river to guideVerb, guide it downstream, often involving rolling it using one's feet; birling.
- (lb, en, uncountable, US, sports) A sport in which two people balance on a log floating in a body of water, each one aiming to cause the opponent to fall off by rolling or kicking the log.
- * (quote-book, author=Lew Freedman, authorlink=Lew Freedman, chapter=Preface, title=Timber!: The Story of the Lumberjack World Championships, location=Madison, Wis., publisher=Terrace Books, (w, University of Wisconsin Press), year=2011, page=xv, pageurl=https://books.google.com/books?id=IjtHqGbxqz8C&pg=PR15, isbn=978-0-299-28454-1, passage=Harkening back to the days when loggers had to break river jams free by carefully stepping out on floating logs, '''logrolling''' is all about maintaining balance. Also called birling, '''logrolling''' requires competitors to go head-to-head on a single log, trying to toss the other guy into the water by forcing him to lose his balance.)
- (lb, en, uncountable, US, politics, figuratively) A concerted effort to push forward mutually advantageous legislative agendas by combineVerb, combining two items, either or both of which might fail on its own, into a single billNoun, bill that is more likely to passVerb, pass.
- (lb, en, uncountable, US, figuratively) mutual, Mutual recommendation of friends' or colleagues' services or products, such as book recommendations in literary reviews.