Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- A female dude.
- (lb, en, dated) A cowgirl.
- * (quote-book, author=Mark Twain, authorlink=Mark Twain, title=(w, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court), location=New York, N.Y., publisher=(w, Charles L. Webster and Company), year=1889, oclc=12316309, passage=Of course that taint, that reverence for rank and title, had been in our American blood, too—I know that; but when I left America it had disappeared—at least to all intents and purposes. The remnant of it was restricted to the dudes and '''dudesses'''. When a disease has worked its way down to that level, it may fairly be said to be out of the system.)
- * (quote-journal, magazine=(w, Collier's), location=New York, N.Y., publisher=w:Peter F. Collier, P. F. Collier, year=1947, volume=120, page=258, oclc=213743208, passage=Marge recently dressed (w, Joanne Dru) ranch style during the making of (w, Howard Hawks)' w:Red River (1948 film), Red River. Miss Dru, in old-style calicoes and ginghams, felt grubby beside the dudes and '''dudesses''' who galloped over from near-by ranches (...))
- A woman, generally a younger woman, especially one who is perceived to be cool or hip.
- * (quote-book, author=Larry Beinhart, authorlink=Larry Beinhart, title=You Get What You Pay For, location=New York, N.Y., publisher=(w, William Morrow and Company), year=1988, isbn=978-0-688-06613-0, passage=“Sorry, dude,” I said. “Dispatch One, she's gonna call me?” / “Yo, the '''dudess''',” he said, heading out the door.)
- * (quote-book, author=Ed Dunlop, chapter=10, title=“How Do I Get These Kids to Listen?”: Practical Ways to Gain and Hold Attention in the Classroom, location=Murfreesboro, Tenn., publisher=w:The Sword of the Lord, Sword of the Lord Publishers, year=1997, page=181, isbn=978-0-87398-392-1, passage=DEALING WITH DEFIANT DUDES (AND '''DUDESSES''') [chapter title])
- * (quote-book, editor=(w, Otto Penzler), chapter=Foreword, title=Dead Man's Hand, location=Orlando, Fla., publisher=w:Harcourt (publisher), Harcourt, year=2007, isbn=978-0-15-101277-0, passage=Those smart dudes (and '''dudesses''') on ESPN (and virtually every other channel, it seems) winning hundreds of thousands, or even millions, at Texas Hold 'Em, don't become legends because they're lucky, although that is an element of poker, as it is in life, that should never be discounted.)