Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- A cask whose content is one third of a pipe; that is, forty-two wine gallons; also, a liquid measure of forty-two wine, or thirty-five imperial gallon, imperial, gallons.
- A cask larger than a barrel, and smaller than a hogshead or a puncheon, in which salt provisions, rice, etc., are packed for shipment.
- (lb, en, music) The third tone of the scale. See mediant.
- (lb, en, card games) A sequence of three playing cards of the same suit. Tierce of ace, king and queen is called tierce-major.
- (lb, en, fencing) The third defensive position, with the sword hand held at waist height, and the tip of the sword at head height.
- (lb, en, heraldiccharge) An ordinary that covers the left or right third of the field of a shield or flag.
- (lb, en, religion, Roman Catholic) (altname, terce, lang=en, nodot=a): the third canonical hour or its service.
- (lb, en, obsolete) One sixtieth of a second, i.e., the third in a series of fractional parts in a sexagesimal number system. (Also known as a third.)