Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- (lb, en, legal) A sworn statement concerning where, when, and before whom an oath has been made.
- (lb, en, legal, obsolete) A sworn person, ''particularly:''
- (lb, en, legal, historical) A medieval informant: a man sworn to provide information about crimes committed in his neighborhood.
- (lb, en, legal, obsolete) A juror.
- A councilman or alderman of the Cinque Ports.
- A magistrate of Channel Islands, serving for life, who forms part of the Channel Islands, islands' royal court.
- : ''Guernsey and Jersey have twelve '''jurats''' each, and Alderney six.''
- * '''1974''', (w, GB Edwards), ''The Book of Ebenezer Le Page'', New York 2007, p. 179:
- *: The '''Jurat''' came of a good old Guernsey family which, in the Middle Ages, always had the sense to fight on the side paid best [...].
- (lb, en, historical) A municipal officer of Bordeaux and certain other French towns.
- (lb, en, historical, in French contexts) A member of any association sworn to do nothing against its internal rules.