Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- A narrow ornamental fabric or braid of silk, wool, or cotton, often stiffened with metallic wire or coarse cord running through it, used as trimming for dresses, curtains, furniture, etc. Also (m, en, guimpe).
- Any coarse or reinforced thread, such as a glazed thread employed in lacemaking to outline designs, or silk thread used as a fishing leader, protected from the bite of fish by a wrapping of fine wire.
- The plastic cord used in the plaiting and knotting craft w:Scoubidou, Scoubidou (lanyard making); or, the process itself.
- (lb, en, dated, chiefly North Eastern US) gumption, Gumption; spirit; ambition; vigor; pep.
- (of yarn, cord, thread, etc.) To wrap or wind (surround) with another length of yarn or wire in a tight spiral, often by means of a ''gimping machine'', creating ''[http://www.google.com/search?q=%22gimped+yarn%22 gimped yarn]'', etc. Also, generally, to wrap or twist with string or wire. ''See'' '''gimped'''.
- (lb, en, dated) To notch or indent; to jag or make jagged; to edge with serrations or grooves.
- (lb, en, informal) A person who is lame due to a crippling of the legs or feet.
- (lb, en, informal) A crippled leg.
- (lb, en, informal) A limp or a limping gait.
- (lb, en, slang, derogatory) (non-gloss definition, A name-calling word, generally for a person who is perceived to be inept, deficient or peculiar)
- (lb, en, BDSM) A sexual submissive, almost always male, dressed generally in a black leather suit. See ''w:Gimp (sadomasochism), Gimp (sadomasochism)'' in Wikipedia.
- (lb, en, informal) To limp; to hobble.
- (lb, en, dated, Scotland and N England) neat, Neat; trim; delicate; slender; handsome; spruce; elegant.
Viimeisimmät haut: gimp, flatline, yksityistäminen, megasheds, extragenic, Mikki Hiiri, huonekalukauppa