Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- Sana perusmuodossa: couch Määritelmät:
- An act of couchVerb, couching.
- (lb, en, ophthalmology) An early, largely obsolete, method of treating a cataract by using a sharp object to displace the opaque lens in the eye.
- * (quote-book, author=Sanduk Ruit, authorlink=Sanduk Ruit, author2=Geoffrey C. Tabin, author3=Charles C. Wykoff, chapter=Cataract Surgery, title=Fighting Global Blindness: Improving World Vision through Cataract Elimination, location=Washington, D.C., publisher=(w, American Public Health Association), year=2006, page=21, pageurl=https://books.google.com/books?id=X-1HGyV7b0wC&lpg=PA21&dq=%22couching%22%20%22airplane%22&pg=PA21v=onepage&q=%22couching%22%20%22airplane%22&f=false, isbn=978-0-87553-067-3, passage=[C]ataract surgery has been employed for more than 20 centuries. The primary surgical technique for the large majority of this time was a procedure called '''''couching'''''. The first written description of '''couching''' is from an Indian surgeon, w:Sushruta, Susruta, circa 600 BC, involving the insertion of a needle into the eye and displacement of the lens out of the visual axis through either inferior or superior dislocation.)
- (lb, en, textiles) embroider, Embroidering by laying the materials upon the surface of the foundation, instead of drawing them through.