Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
bear down (suomeksi)
- (&lit, bear, down, lang=en)
- (lb, en, nautical) To approach from windward.
- (lb, en, transitive) To push (someone) to the ground; to defeat, overcome. (defdate, from 14th c.)
- (lb, en, transitive, obsolete) To maintain one's position against (someone) in a debate; to stand one's ground against. (defdate, 16th-17th c.)
- (lb, en, intransitive) To intensify one's efforts.
- (lb, en, intransitive, with ''on'') To approach in a determined manner.
- (lb, en, intransitive) To exert downward pressure on one's abdomen, as in giving birth, forcing out feces, and some similar bodily maneuvers.
Viimeisimmät haut: bear down, chain-smokers, silver foxes, arid, calcified, discontinued, kainalokarvat