Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- A formal speech, especially one which is regarded as authoritative and forceful.
- (lb, en, chiefly, US, legal) The question put to a convicted defendant by a judge after the rendering of the verdict in a trial, in which the defendant is asked whether he or she wishes to make a statement to the court before sentencing; the statement made by a defendant in response to such a question; the legal right of a defendant to make such a statement.
- (lb, en, chiefly, US, legal) The legal right of a victim, in some jurisdictions, to make a statement to a court prior to sentencing of a defendant convicted of a crime causing injury to that victim; the actual statement made to a court by a victim.
- (lb, en, Roman Catholicism) A pronouncement by a pope to an assembly of church officials concerning a matter of church policy.
- (lb, en, communications, media) The mode of information dissemination in which media broadcasts are transmitted to multiple receivers with no or very limited capability of a two-way exchange of information.