Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
- About or inspired by science fiction, fantasy, horror, science, and/or subjects of interest to fans of speculative fiction; frequently, being a song whose lyrics have been altered to refer to science fiction; parodying. (However, much filk music is original rather than parodic.)
- Filk music.
- Filk song.
- In general
- * '''2001,''' [http://www.harrypotterfilks.com/ Harry Potter Filks]
- *: Welcome to Harry Potter '''Filks''', with nearly 3400 '''filks''' (including several dozen full-length musicals) by more than 250 authors from at least five continents, all on Rowling-related themes. ... Providing a magic beyond all that Dumbledore does here since August 2 2001. Most recently updated April 29 2010.
- (anchor, n_filk-of)In the construction "filk of...": a filk song written as a parody of, or in the form of and with reference to, another song (which need not itself be a filksong). Compare Verb, verb transitive sense.
- * '''2006,''' [http://www.filkontario.ca/2006.htm citation in the Filk Hall of Fame]
- *: He has recently started to accompany himself on the piano, and created such wonderful songs as "The Soul" ('''filk''' of "The Ship") and "Internal Knight".
- To perform filk music.
- To participate in a filk circle, including singing along.
- To write a parody of (a song). Compare #Noun, noun in construction "filk of...".