Käännettävä sana (suomeksi tai englanniksi):
Jim Crow (suomeksi)
- A black man.
- Southern United States racism, racist and especially segregationist policies in the late 1800s and early to mid 1900s, taken collectively.
- A World War II code name for patrols along the British coastline to intercept enemy aircraft, originally intended to warn of invasion in 1940.
- (label, en, engineering) A double-action planing tool invented by (w, Joseph Whitworth), in which the blade ‘jumps’ to face the other way on the back-stroke.
- (label, en, rail transport) A tool for bending railway rails, by holding the rail with two arms and pushing a screw into the other side.
- Discriminatory against African Americans.
- Segregated between African Americans and Caucasians.
- To work towards legislation that incorporates a discriminatory caste system or racial segregation
Viimeisimmät haut: Jim Crow, adrenalin rush, rigidity, fidzinpunamesikko, mu, Zwinglians, rubbing off